The Drill Pipe Enviro Cleaner™ (DPEC™) is an exciting new patent-pending process that will clean the outside of drill pipe, cable, and other down hole tools as they are extracted from the well. This process utilizes Sioux’s industry-leading steam cleaning equipment and a steam collar to remove dirt, oil, drilling mud, and paraffin at the well head during the extraction process.
Cleaning at the well head will help in many ways including:
1. Safer handling of clean pipe rather than pipe covered with oil and drilling mud. This will make a safer working environment and reduce potential injuries or hazards.
2. Eliminates the need to clean the pipe off site. This will allow inspection of the pipes on site, eliminating the extra step of transporting the pipe to an offsite location for cleaning and inspection.
3. The process is completed during extraction of the pipe and tools so an additional crew does not need to spend time after cleaning these parts.
4. This reduces the risk of contaminating the surrounding soil or highways during material transport reducing costly litigation and hazardous clean up costs.
5. Using steam to clean is an environmentally friendly process because the use of chemicals/detergents is eliminated or greatly reduced, and steam cleaners use less water and have a lower electrical requirement than alternative methods.
Sioux Corporation is the industry leader in application specific steam cleaners, pressure washers, steam generators, solution heaters, and water heaters. Sioux's products are built for the oil, gas, mining, and manufacturing industries with the highest quality and durability in mind. Website designed and hosted by Gage e-Services.